A roof in bad condition can be a real headache. It is an eyesore and can also be a significant safety hazard. You’re probably not a roof inspector, so you don’t know that bad roofs are more common than you might think. But as a homeowner, you should start considering it before it’s too late.
This blog post will discuss some of the issues that roof inspectors find in bad roofs and how to solve them!
The Most Common Issues Found In Roofs
Leaks can be caused by various things, such as damaged shingles, flashing, or even gutters.
Missing or damaged shingles
Missing or damaged shingles can be caused by severe weather, age, or even animals, making your roof more susceptible to leaks and other damages.
Granules are the small pieces of stone or rock that make up the surface of shingles. Over time, these granules can become loose and fall off, leaving the shingle vulnerable to damage.
Punctures can be caused by falling tree limbs, hail, or even debris from construction sites.
Mold and mildew growth
Mold and mildew can grow on roofs for multiple reasons, such as high humidity, leaks, or poor ventilation.
How To Solve These Issues?
You’re probably feeling a little freaked out right now. These problems sound like an emergency, and they probably are or will be if you ignore them. You don’t want that, right? So what can you do?
The first thing you need to do is a roof inspection to settle what your roof condition is. For this, get roofing contractors to help you. Then, depending on the gravity of the matter, you have two options: Roof repair or roof replacement.
- Leaks: The best way to solve a leak is to patch it up from the inside. This can be done by applying a sealant to the outside of the leak. You can also replace the damaged shingles or flashing. However, if the leak is severe, you may need a roof replacement. This is a much more expensive repair, but it’s essential to do if the damage is extensive.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you find missing or damaged shingles, the best thing to do is to replace them as soon as possible. This will help prevent further damage to your roof.
- Granule loss: Granule loss is a common issue in older roofs. You can do a roof repair and apply a new coat of asphalt shingles over the affected area to solve this issue.
- Punctures: To fix punctures, you need to patch up the hole with a sealant.
- Mold and mildew growth: Mold and mildew can be a real problem in humid climates. You will need to treat the affected area with a mold and mildew remover.
Hire Professional Roofing Contractors
No matter the issue or the possible solutions, if there’s one thing for sure, the best way to give your roof the proper care and attention is by hiring a professional team like Roofers Elite.
We offer a free consultation and estimate so that you can get started on your project right away. With our help, getting your roof back to A-game will look simple because it is! Our materials and equipment are of the best quality, and so are the people we work with. The goal is for you to receive reliable and efficient service.