Article provided by: APC Roofing Services
One of the most important structures in a building is the roof. It protects your home from weather damage. As such, you should seek out professional, highly skilled roofers in Baltimore for any housing project. APC Roofing Experts provides this kind of service to property owners who want durable roofing over their heads. We offer free inspections and estimates that allow us to carry out the most effective installations and replacements.
The Importance of Roofing
Here are some of the functions of a roof that makes it an essential part of any home:
- Protection – Good roofing serves as a barrier against rain, sun, and hailstorms. It also protects other parts of the building, such as the walls from water damage.
- Aesthetic Value – A well installed and maintained roof adds to the curb value of a house by improving its appearance. There are many styles of roofing available that make it easy for you to match the roof with your house’s style. This makes your home more aesthetically appealing.
- Insulation – A roof controls the amount of heat and cold that gain access into the house. It regulates indoor temperature, thus keeping your home more comfortable and cutting down on the energy costs significantly.
What are the Different Types of Roofs?
There are various types of roofs that you can choose for your building. They include:
- Gable Roof – A gable roof is made up of two sloping sides that meet at the top to form a triangular shape. This type of roof is easy to install and suitable if you want to harvest water from the roof.
- Butterfly Roof – The butterfly roof resembles an inverted gable roof, in the sense that instead of forming a triangle when installed, it makes a V-shape. It’s an ideal choice if you’re focused on aesthetics. It also leaves you with a lot of space for windows, allowing you to let in as much natural light into the building as possible.
- Shed Roof – A shed roof slopes to one side, and is mostly used alongside other types of roofs to create dimension.
How Often Should You Clean Your Roof?
Cleaning is a vital part of roof maintenance that can extend its life. How often you clean your roof will depend on the frequency at which debris collects on its surface, its age, and the type of material used. Generally, it’s advisable to clean your roof every 3 to 5 years.
Roof cleaning is important because leaves, mold, and fungus, which may accumulate on the roof, cause decay and rot. This weakens the roofing material, which may require a premature replacement.
That said, most roofing professionals recommend that you leave the maintenance and cleaning to the experts. That is because they have the equipment and expertise to navigate the roof safely.
Get Your Roof Installed by Experts
If you’re looking for skilled roofers in Baltimore to install a new roof in your house, we can help. With more than 20 years in the industry, we have the experience to enable us to take on different kinds of projects, both small or big. Call us today on +1 301 357 8275 for more details about what we can do for you.